Welcome to the Livecode Wiki
This wiki is a collaborative community project to document all aspects of LiveCode
- It is not created, owned or maintained by LiveCode Ltd company,
- All displayed LiveCode logos are copyright by LiveCode Ltd. and shown here by permission.
- This is just a website maintained by the Livecode community and enthusiasts.
Everyone is welcome to add something.
- If you already use LiveCode, then share what you learned.
- If you notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, then correct them
- Or just leave a comment at the bottom of any page.
Editing this wiki is easy
- Check out the help pages for making basic editing
- You can edit the wiki as an anonymous user
- Or you can join this wiki for free and edit without ads.
- Look thru the Table of Contents below for a page to start editing
- Our most active members list is here.
If you would like to get started with programming in LiveCode
- Watch the video below
- Watch other videos from the LiveCode channel of You Tube.
- Download the latest version of the LiveCode Community Edition here for free.
- LiveCode runs on all platforms - Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Try coding a few LiveCode projects here.
Linux users - please read about this bug on some distros and how to solve it
Table of contents
- Introduction to the IDE
- Stacks and cards
- Property Inspector
- Project browser
- Object library
- Message watcher
- Start Center