Gradients property permits you to set special fill effect to your graphic. The gradient can be applied to the inside fill or to the border fill, or both.
The gradient property windows is like the following image:
Clicking on the thumbs you may select starting or ending position of the gradient, colors of the gradients.
You can add thumbs and colors with double click on the thumb bar.
You can change gradient orientation and position moving directly on the graphic the gray and round holders, like the following example:
Gradients can be linear, radial, conical, diamond, spiral, XY and SQRTXY:
You can select also gradient quality: normal or good
Yo can select also the number of repetitions, the following gradient is repeated 7 times:
You may also mirror and wrap the gradient. Wrap means that the excessive part of the image is reflected inside the graphic.
You can controll the gradient by code with the FillGradient property. Fillgradient property is an array with the following keys and values
- type - One of: linear, radial, conical, spiral, diamond, xy or sqrtxy
- ramp - A return delimited list of gradient stops that define the layout of the of the gradient. A gradient stop is a comma delimited list with the following structure: position,color,alpa. For example the gradient stop "0.5,255,0,0,125" would add a stop half way along the gradient, it would be red and semi transparent.
- position - A number between 0 and 1.
- color - An RGB color value. 3 integers between 0 and 255 separated by a comma. For example "255,0,88".
- alpha - A number between 0 (transparent) and 255 (opaque), if omitted it is assumed to be 255.
- from - A coordinate specifying the starting point of the gradient.
- to - A coordinate specifying the end point of the gradient.
- via - A coordinate specifying the intermediate point of the gradient (affects scaling and shearing of the gradient).
- quality - The quality can be set to normal or good (higher detail but slower). This property is normal by default.
- repeat - A number between 1 and 255 that specifies the number of times the gradient ramp is repeated between the start and end points. This property is 1 by default.
- mirror - A boolean value specifying whether alternating repetitions of the ramp are reversed. This property is false by default.
- wrap - A boolean value specifying whether the ramp is repeated to fill the entire graphic a object. This property is false by default.
set the fillGradient of graphic 1 to tPropertiesArray set the fillGradient["type"] of graphic 1 to "linear" -- put "linear" into tGradientProperties["type"] put "0.00000,204,0,106" & return & "1.00000,0,156,157" into tGradientProperties["ramp"] set the fillGradient of graphic 1 to tGradientProperties -- lock screen set the fillGradient["type"] of graphic 1 to "linear" set the fillGradient["ramp"] of graphic 1 to "0.00000,204,0,106" & CR & "1.00000,0,156,157" unlock screen